Thursday, November 20, 2008

Xbox 360 NXE

I downloaded the update to the Xbox 360, called New Xbox Experience, last night and have to say I am impressed on several fronts:


  1. The speed of such a major download was great.  Because the Xbox run most of the software on ROM the updates (even major ones like this) are not huge files.
  2. The flow of the software is great, it is easy to navigate mostly through text based menus with large visual icons.
  3. The avatars are interesting, hopefully they develop free games that utilize the avatars otherwise they are pretty useless.  The reason people loved the Wii mii avatars is because they get used as part of the sports games. I can't imagine I would customize my avatar anymore than the bare boned options I already selected.  
  4. Netflix partnership looks interesting, I think you have to have a streaming enabled account (min 2 per month netflix subscription) and Live Gold in order to use this feature but so far from what I have heard it works really great.  I have not tested it out myself as I have 2 discs from netflix I need to return, but this is definitely a feature I will use.
I will play around with it a lot more and give updates as I get a better handle on what are the true strong points and weak points of NXE. 

No comments:

Share This

Bookmark and Share