Saturday, November 15, 2008

Radio on the Internet....

....or is it internet radio? I use to listen to KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic and KEXP all the time when I was working. KCRW is a great station from Santa Monia, CA and MBE is a fantastic show DJed by Nic Harcourt and he show cases indy music.  I discovered Tom Vek, Shearwater, Gotan Project, Okkervil River, and much more via Nic.  KCRW is a public station so they play a lot of different genres and also feature NPR.  KEXP on the other hand is a small independent station from Seattle that only plays indy music they range from rock to hip hop, to electrocia, to all kinds of good stuff.  The past couple of months that I have been away from the regular routine of work I got away from listening to these great sources of music and band discovery. Well today after I got Brunner (a combination of breakfast, lunch, and dinner; yes I know 1 meal a day can't be good for my metabolism) I was playing some poker and decided to pop on some KEXP and about 5 songs in the DJ played this awesome remix of a Radiohead song. I decided to learn more about the band "Holy Fuck" and bought their album on iTunes. This is why I am a nerd for the internet and technology in 10 minutes I found a new band to listen to, oh and also watched some Metalocalypse clips....good stuff.

No comments:

Share This

Bookmark and Share