Monday, November 17, 2008

I am The Resurrection

I had a really difficult day (I am pretty sure my really difficult day is probably a cake walk for lots of other people but my problems are my problems) and I decided that since nothing was going right I would heed my friend Bill's advice and go for a run.  

Running was always a good way for me to clear up what the crap that was floating around in my head and one of the things I really miss about it is the feeling of just flying down a street totally oblivious and at the same time utterly conscious of everything around you.  There was one time when I was still in pretty good shape I was running down 5th ave in the mid 40s and I was moving along tying to make sure I caught the lights as I was going to be finishing up at my office at that time at the Y&R building on 40th and Madison and I realized that I was running along side a Kozmo (I ordered my PS2 from them and the delivery guy gave me mad geek props) delivery guy on his bike.  He kind of gave me a look like "what the fuck" as I passed him and I realized that I was moving pretty fast, not a full sprint but comfortably fast, this was pretty close to the end of my run and much faster than my normal pace mostly because I wanted to get back and go home.  I recall this because of how bad I felt today running and how glad I was during the run to take my iPhone with me so I could have some music to distract me from the shitty feelings/pain I was putting my body through. One of the songs that got me through it was the title of this post "I am The Resurrection" by the Stone Roses.  Lets see if running can bring back some of those good feelings back.

Below is a map of the route I ran.  I hope I can continue and try to get that feeling back.



No comments:

Share This

Bookmark and Share