Thursday, December 18, 2008

Evolution of the Cell Phone

This is a personal point of view...From 1999 (when I got my first cell phone) until June 29 2007 cell phones were basic communication tools. The launch of the iPhone really changed the game in the mobile phone industry (I know I am a broken record). Now my iPhone has nearly replaced my computer and has given me the ability to be always connected. But beyond that I am able to play some pretty awesome games:


Rolando launched today and so far it lives up to the hype it is a pretty fun game with great game play with the iPhone.

And in the very near future I will be able to augment my view of reality with applications like wikitude:


This looks awesome and the implications could be huge. Imagine traveling and having an encyclopedia in your hand to tell you everything about what you are seeing. In late 2001 I was traveling around Spain and then went to Rome and this type of application would have added so much more context to my sightseeing. And to think this is only a year and a half after the iPhone launch imagine what the possibilities are when battery life, storage space, and processor power are not barriers for developers and manufacturers. Now back to the wonderful world of Rolando.

No comments:

Share This

Bookmark and Share