Friday, January 2, 2009

Some Time Off

I took some time off from blogging for several reason. The first and foremost I wanted my Sir Issac Newton post to prominent for a some time.  I know a lot of atheists but almost all of them still celebrate Christmas mostly because that's what they have done since they were children and I was hoping that they would think twice about the meaning of that day. I know it is seriously pompous and overbearing of me to think my meager words would change anyone ideas/opinions but where religion is concerned I will keep trying because I really think smart people who don't believe in religion should change their childhood habits.

The other reason I took a bit of a hiatus was that there wasn't much to talk about in the new media/tech world. The one beacon of light has been GDGT, for now a weekly podcast by Ryan Block and Peter Rojas both former editors at engadget. Since the site has not officially launched they are focusing their efforts on the weekly podcasts (some of the recent topics ranged from Apple Year in review, MS Year in review, Android round table, Netbooks wrap up, and much more). It will be really interesting to see what direction they take GDGT because they say it will not be a gadget review or technology blog. 

Peter, not too long ago, launched rcrdlbl a project designed to change the record label model. The basic thought process was to distribute the music free but use advertising as a revenue generator.

I will keep this post short as I am coming down with a fever and need something to eat.

No comments:

Share This

Bookmark and Share