Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Netflix, LG, and Broadband TV

LG is putting out a new series of TVs with a direct broadband hookup and with this they are entering into a partnership with Netflix. Netflix has been partnering with everyone and their mother to extend their reach and make it as easy as possible for their customers to be able to download movies. I think more TV manufacturers will come out with broadband enabled TVs and the movie industry should embrace this as much as possible as well as these Netflix partnerships. It would be great to be able to pay to watch new release movies via this type of service. 

While I was at Verizon I would let anyone who would listen know that I thought the best thing for Verizon to do was buy Netflix and really push the broadband portion of the business. I also though they should have bought TiVo and use their software as the FiOS platform. 

Below is a good interview with Reed Hastings the CEO of Netflix who talks about their broadband strategy. All in all I think Netflix has done a great job at creating a broadband strategy and pushing it through as much as possible, now I just home the studios and content providers follow along.

No comments:

Share This

Bookmark and Share